Talk

Advanced search

criticism of my parent style labelling my child

(5 Posts)
Carruthers Tue 13-Nov-12 10:06:18

I have a boisterous and vivacious 3 year olds. He is a joy. His behaviour varies like all children when he is tired he is a lot more difficult. He is an only child.
The nursery staff who are excellent have never approached me about difficult behaviour and I do ask. He had a stage where he occasionally bit other children and can hit when frustrated or tired.
A 'friend' approached me by text asking why I was seeing less of her? I meet her and said I had been seeing less of her because I felt she had been judgemental of mt parenting style. She then went on to say my child had behaviour difficulties.
I would like to never see this woman again but she has text me since with more less than subtle claims about my child. She lives close to me and goes to a gym I like to attend and which both my child and hers use. Any ideas?

colditz Tue 13-Nov-12 10:09:06

Does she have a point? Could she pointing something out that is reasonable for her to say and for you to listen to?

I don't believe it is healthy to ignore ALL criticisms, sometimes they are accurate and listening to them is helpful.

colditz Tue 13-Nov-12 10:11:18

Ie, what behavioural difficulties does this woman claim your child has,modes she have any reason to think this, and is she in a position where she would know?

I am mentioning this because someone I know tried to tell mme for years that my child's behaviour wasn't normal, but I preferred to ignore her and torture myself for being a bad parent. I actually wish I had listened.

MrsWolowitz Tue 13-Nov-12 10:12:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Carruthers Tue 13-Nov-12 10:20:27

He is not often naughty but he is very possessive of toys. He is more likely to be well behaved when I am not there. He is social and generally mixes well.
My friend has no childcare qualifications but has done a parenting course. She is an extremely forthright person and is having difficulities with her own daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now