Talk

Advanced search

Baby sleep consultant

(3 Posts)
Blondymitch Tue 13-Nov-12 09:46:56

Hi all,

I am new to this website, so apologies if I have posted in the wrong area!

I have a 4 month old baby and and considering hiring a sleep consultant. I know people have very different views on this, but I am struggling to get my baby to sleep and have proper naps and am due back at work in Jan and would really like it to be better before I go back to work, for my benefit and my baby's!

The reason I feel I need help is because my baby has silent reflux, which is being managed, but would like the guidance of a professional .

Has anyone used a baby sleep consultant? And can anyone recommend anyone? Or tell me about their experiences at all?

Many thanks! They didn't cover this off in my NCT class!? ;-)

felixfelicis1 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:09:02

Hi, sorry I'm not replying with any sleep consultant details but wanted to weigh in because my friends who have used sleep consultants all say that it really has not changed their life. Things were sorted for a month or two and then the next blip came along (teething, eating, growing etc).

I do have a friend however who emailed Jo Tatum (writer of a sleep book) and said she was really nice and helpful. But her baby literally fell into a routine at 3 weeks old so I'm not sure if she is a good measure. Still worth emailing.

Can I ask whether maybe the people of MN can help? If you tell us some details about your 'routine' etc etc. My son had reflux too and was a horrific sleeper. I went back to work after 5 months too but still didn't have it figured it out. Things are much better now (bar a small blip we have had lately but those are always inevitable!)

I learnt nothing from NCT! But made some great friends. Nowhere else would it be acceptable to pay £200 odd for friends but it was totally worth it!

ZuleikaD Tue 13-Nov-12 10:46:11

Four months can be a very difficult time, so don't think that it will be the same by January. There's a big growth spurt and developmental leap so sleep is often particularly bad at this point. Can you tell us more about when your baby sleeps, eats and so on? At the least you will get LOTS of opinions and experiences here for free rather than paying one person for their opinion. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now