Talk

Advanced search

My 21 mo bit me

(4 Posts)
louloutheshamed Mon 12-Nov-12 19:49:09

It was just before bedtime and he was tired and getting crabby . Playing trains with him story and stopped to reply to my husband who had asked me a question. Ds was obviously miffed that I wasn't paying him attention and sunk his teeth right into my arm. I cried out involuntarily which freaked him out and he started sobbing.

I sat him in the corner and told
Him he must not bite, and made
Him say sorry. He was reaching out for a cuddle and was beside himself, so I cuddled him. But not sure if this was the right reaction and am worried he will do it again at nursery. What should I have done??

Pumpster Mon 12-Nov-12 19:51:30

My dd3 went through a bitey phase at around 20 months, I just said 'no bite' very firmly and then distracted her. They grow out of it smile

DialMforMummy Mon 12-Nov-12 19:53:38

You did what I do.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Mon 12-Nov-12 19:58:21

Many children go through a biting phase.

Ds1 bit quite a lothmm Not generally other children though except his baby brother!

They all come out of it, ds1 bit one final time when he was about 3, really sunk his teeth in and held on for dear life, all in publicblush It hurt so much I cried....

You did the right thing, telling them it hurts in a stern voice is really all you can do at that age. Ds1 wasn't much older when he bit newborn ds2! Not one of our finest hours.

He's a delightful 10 year old boy now though with no cannibalist tendenciesgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now