Talk

Advanced search

Sleeping bags and bed clothes!!

(7 Posts)
Loika Sun 11-Nov-12 20:48:51

My dd is 15m and has been in sleeping bags all this time, (except when she gets out of them of course!) but soon she will need to be out of them(she is very tall and slim, hence getting out of them!) and I want to keep her warm with normal bed clothes etc and she will soon be too big for sleepsuits and need pj's, exposing her little toes.

How do i go about this transistion? I have tried with just a blanket tucking her in but it upset her so took it off straight away. Should I put a blanket in loosly for her to get used to, put the blanket on the sheet and let her sleep on top or is there another way? She is currently going through a mega fidget phase and we can hear her kicking the cot from anywhere in the house. Any ideas?

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sun 11-Nov-12 21:04:06

I kept my DS in sleeping bags until he was 2 and a bit...and he is on the 99th centile for height! Gro bags go up to age 6 yrs.

If she's happy in the sleeping bags then I'd leave her in them over winter and start her off with a duvet when the nights are less chilly...

When I started to make the transition to covers I used them at nap times first, when it didn't matter so much if they got kicked off. Tucking the duvet down the sides of the cot can prevent it coming off in the night and feels nice and snug.

maillotjaune Sun 11-Nov-12 21:56:24

My 3 boys had sleeping bags until they went unto a bed, at around 2.6-2.10. They are all tall, 2 of them over the 98th centile at the time and the 18-36 month grobags still fitted albeit without loads to spare.

Still haven't found a way of keeping covers on DS3 now he's in a bed.

vodkaanddietirnbru Sun 11-Nov-12 21:58:42

ds was in a sleeping bag until he was 2½ years old - he was in the 18-36 months size.

Runningblue Sun 11-Nov-12 22:45:43

Yep we went along with grobags until 18-36 months size
If you buy from grostore you can get them up to much older! So no pressure at the mo...!

annekins Sun 11-Nov-12 22:52:54

Gro also make duvet covers and fitted sheets that you can zip together, kind of like a giant sleeping bag. Not sure of the cost, but maybe worth a look. Might help with the transition, and still plenty of room for wriggling!

ZuleikaD Mon 12-Nov-12 11:13:41

She's certainly nowhere near growing out of sleepsuits - they go up to at least 4-5yo sizes. My DCs (DD who's in 4-5 years size and DS who's in 2-3 years) wear two sleepsuits each in the winter - a cotton one or a vest then a fleece one over the top. I'd keep her in the sleeping bags too, otherwise you'll be going in three times a night to replace the duvet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now