Talk

Advanced search

Nightmare nap times

(6 Posts)
Munchkinmommy Sun 11-Nov-12 15:21:35

Hi everyone. My little girl is 7 months old and to date, apart from the odd time when she's been ill, has been a dream where sleeping is concerned. In the last few days she has changed. When I put her down for a nap we get full on tears and sobbing. She has sometimes moaned a bit but not for long but today in particular she has really had a melt down. It's unlike her but I am a little concerned that its behavioural and something I need to try to nip in the bud.
She hasn't had teeth come through yet, I can't see any sign on her gums. We have all had colds and she is still a bit snotty. So I guess could be she's unwell. Just all seems to have changed quickly.
What's made me wonder is that she has seemed ok playing and then when I put her down we get the melt down. Any advice would be great, thanks.

YBR Sun 11-Nov-12 15:29:22

Greetings.
LOs change a lot as they grow, and my DD(11mo) went through phases of this. It'll pass.
Two techniques help with our DD:
1) put her down in the pram and go out for a walk which usually gets DD to sleep, and if not does always quiet her down;
2) we occasionally let her whinge and sob for up to 10 minutes during which she'll usually drop off.

showtunesgirl Sun 11-Nov-12 17:51:13

What does her awake / sleep schedule look like?

ZuleikaD Sun 11-Nov-12 18:37:18

It sounds like separation anxiety, in which case it's entirely age-appropriate and a good sign, believe it or not - it means she has a strong bond with you. You will probably just need to ride it out - stay with her while she goes to sleep and it will pass.

Munchkinmommy Sun 11-Nov-12 21:21:16

Thanks for the hints. I wondered about the separation anxiety thing. Guess it could be although yesterday morning she went to sleep fine with daddy when I nipped out and last night my sister looked after her and she went to bed fine. She's actually been fine tonight too ....

Munchkinmommy Sun 11-Nov-12 21:27:34

ZuleikaD she usually sleeps 12 hrs throught to around 7am then has her bottle and sleeps again straight after for about 30 mins. So normally about 8:30 she gets up and then I put her down for a nap around 11. She only ever sleeps for 40 mins and will have another nap anytime between 2:30 and 4pm. Then will go to bed at 7pm. We have a good bed time routine with a bath. As I say all this has worked brilliantly up until the last day or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now