Talk

Advanced search

my 3.5 yo confusing opposites

(5 Posts)
aniawl Fri 09-Nov-12 19:08:28

Hello, I'd appreciate some opinions please.

I noticed that my DD keeps confusing opposites. She'll complain that something is "cold" when it's in fact hot, she calls white - "black" etc. It doesn't happen every single time and she definitely does understand the difference between them, but it does worry me a little. She also consistently uses incorrect personal pronouns saying "him" instead of "her" when referring to girls. Anyone else experienced this? Should I worry?

PoppyWearer Fri 09-Nov-12 19:09:46

My 4yo still does this sometimes. I'm not worried.

moleskin Fri 09-Nov-12 21:11:23

My dd2 is 3.3 and does this especially with hot and cold. She doesn't say him or her she says boy and girl so we have yet to get to the him/her stage!

rattling Sat 10-Nov-12 20:19:43

I have 3.5yo twins who both have the same problem. Every morning one of them insists on his milk cold from the microwave. Him/her are pretty much interchangeable - though they seem to know what it should be if questioned closely.

Today I am dealing with a real problem with it as ds is unwell, says he is cold - but feels hot. Do I wrap him up or not? (Rhetorical question, he perked up dramatically during Strictly, we had our Saturday night dance and the pair of them are asleep now grin)

aniawl Sun 11-Nov-12 16:22:59

Thanks for this! I feel more reassured it's just a development blip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now