Talk

Advanced search

5yo dd just packed her wheelie bag and says she's leaving....

(26 Posts)
SushiPaws Fri 09-Nov-12 18:45:56

...she says she's taking the car.

Trying hard not to laugh, she looks so serious.

Notquite Fri 09-Nov-12 18:47:40

Hide the keys.

FancyPuffin Fri 09-Nov-12 18:48:26

Massive grin from me.

WofflingOn Fri 09-Nov-12 18:49:15

Ask her if you can have all her Christmas presents.

SushiPaws Fri 09-Nov-12 18:49:55

Pants, lots of tops but no skirts or trousers grin

FancyPuffin Fri 09-Nov-12 18:51:55

I love this thread it has properly made me giggle grin

ratbagcatbag Fri 09-Nov-12 18:52:30

My DSS used to do this, he would declare at his mums, he was moving in with dad, pack his bag (mainly including DS and football) and stomp down the drive, there he would hide behind the bin for anything from two mins (in the rain) to five (in the good weather) before stomping back, dumping his stuff and declaring that "WELL DAD WASN'T IN" loud enough for the town to hear smile

Well impressed she remembered pants lol

SushiPaws Fri 09-Nov-12 18:52:30

She can't reach the keys Notquite

Woff, haven't bought any yet blush

SushiPaws Fri 09-Nov-12 18:54:23

grin ratbag

Moomoomie Fri 09-Nov-12 18:56:07

This reminds me of the time my brother and I decided to run away from home, we were about 6 and 7. We went to the park then realised mum had bought wagon wheels for tea, so we rushed back home...... Nobody had even realised we had gone!!

ratbagcatbag Fri 09-Nov-12 18:56:33

At 14 now his mum packs his bag for him grin and says sod off!!

WofflingOn Fri 09-Nov-12 18:56:42

I left home when I was three, with a bag, blanket, teddy tinned food and...a can opener.
I came back very cross because the bus driver had refused to let me on without any money, despite me telling him I was running away, and my mummy would pay him later.

Notquite Fri 09-Nov-12 18:57:41

Oh bless. smile

SushiPaws Fri 09-Nov-12 19:09:39

Moom, I'd go home for wagon wheels too

Woff, I love that, you still expected your mum to pay your bus fare grin

SushiPaws Fri 09-Nov-12 19:13:33

To update -
I took her very seriously and explained she wouldn't be able to reach the go pedal in the car. So she said she'd walk to her friends house. I said her friends house is 6 miles away and she'd probably be in bed by the time she got there.
So she's decided to go in the morning.
I'm giving ds a bath and she's just stalked through naked with her nose in the air and got in with him. They are now giggling at farts and I think it's all been forgotten.

WofflingOn Sat 10-Nov-12 08:29:00

You know, almost 50 years later, that's one of the things I remember most about my mother's parenting. smile
I was her PFB, but she never wailed or fretted when I said things that might have upset her, never over-reacted when I was unkind to her as a small child. I can't imagine her saying ' My darling wanted to run away from home, I'm devastated that she doesn't love me...'
She was cool, before being cool was fashionable.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sat 10-Nov-12 08:33:27

What had you done to the poor child?

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sat 10-Nov-12 08:33:41

Wont someone think of the children

grin

ProcrastinatingPanda Sat 10-Nov-12 08:41:00

They grow up so fast.

NellyBluth Sat 10-Nov-12 09:41:45

My parents used to smile, say "fine" - and then tell me and my DB that we had to take EVERYTHING of ours with us. The logistics of packing that much tended to throw us somewhat off our stride grin

Goldmandra Sat 10-Nov-12 09:53:38

My DD2 does this now and then. She marches downstairs with all the bags she can muster filled to the brim with books and cuddly toys and tied together. She never thinks to take clothes. She is always going to live in a den in the fields at the end of our road.

I have to pinch myself and bite my tongue (literally) to prevent myself from laughing because that would send her loopy and then let her find out that the front door is locked and the keys have gone missing.

She then has to get cross again later when I tell her she has to put all the books, bags and toys away by herself. What a cruel mummy!

Nivet Sat 10-Nov-12 09:56:27

I also left home at three, no bag, just wearing a pink vest and a pair of wellies. Apparently I took the dog on his lead and made it to the end of the drive before reconsidering grin

SushiPaws Sat 10-Nov-12 17:56:02

Love these stories.

I had the cheek to tell dd not to call her brother an idiot. She's now decided she'll leave home when she's 17 as that's the age she'll be able to drive the car.

I remember packing my swimming bag with my favourite teddy and a kitkat. I told my parents I was leaving home for good but I couldn't get the front door open (it used to stick in the cold). My parents laughed at me which made me go nuts and I ended up in big trouble.

So with dd I decided not to laugh at her and it seemed to defuse it quickly.

It's so hard being 5 grin

NeverTalksToStrangers Sat 10-Nov-12 23:50:06

My 3 yo DS announced that he didn't like his mummy and daddy in his house any more and that he wanted to knock the house down. We told him to go ahead.

thegreylady Sun 11-Nov-12 19:07:09

My dd used to pack knickers,a jar of Marmite and her bunbun teddy in a little tin suitcase.She would leave by the front door-we soon realised she was nipping round the back and hiding under her bed so we [me,dh and ds ]used to talk very loudly about ice-cream or chocolate and she would reappear at the front door having 'missed the bus'.She was about 5/6 at the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now