Talk

Advanced search

Kids being hyper whenever going out

(6 Posts)
Sheebarahma Thu 08-Nov-12 21:41:37

Its been a real problem for me that whenever I take my kids outside they are super excited. My daughter is 5 and son is 4. They want to play everywhere be it a clinic or a super market. My husband doesn't like this. He keeps telling me every place is not a playground but I can't understand how to go about it. I am scared every time we go out how to stop them from being super active. Any suggestions?

MrsCantSayAnything Thu 08-Nov-12 22:26:52

do they get to go out somewhere regularly? If they're only going to places once a week then they will get excited....I would take them to the park every day to get rid of the novelty.

If they ARE going out regularly then you need to consider...is there bahviour disruptive to other people or is it just ordinary behaviour of small kids?

Is your husband strict with them?

PlaySchool Thu 08-Nov-12 22:32:45

My kids grew out of this but you need to be firm. A bit of excitement is fine but being anti social is not. It is hard work being out with small children. You are not alone!!!!

Sheebarahma Fri 09-Nov-12 12:52:14

They are not anti social but my husband is very strict. He doesn't wants a mall to become a playground or an office or hotel a playing area. He works in Hilton and whenever we are there he wants the to be in their best manners but it's like home for them as we keep going regularly and his colleagues are very friendly so they freak ,its giving me a tough time

momof3boys Fri 09-Nov-12 13:16:02

I always find that if I give them a specific job to do at the place we are going it helps them be focused and gives them a sense of pride. For example: If we are going to the grocery store they also have a list, and when they are really young we do it by drawing pictures of the item. In the mall, we are only allowed to walk heel to toe, this makes walking very slow and in a straight line but they are quiet. Its also hard for kids to go adult places, think of how we get frustrated having to wait in line, to them being so small its a see of knee caps, crazy boring, we normally make a reward for good behavior when out of the house. We make a list of what we need to do today, talk about the behavior we expect and constantly remind them as well, once I am done all the boring stuff we have to do then we can go get and ice cream or go to the park or for a bike ride together.
It is hard with kids that age or with any age for that matter, some times we go in somewhere and it sounds like there's 50 of us there so rambunctious. But normally if I am going to take them out for dinner we go to Chuck-E-cheese or McDonald's, and try to avoid places that are not kid friendly environment.

Sheebarahma Fri 09-Nov-12 18:56:06

Will try it out inshallah. The problem really starts when we both parents are busy in seeing something and discussing about it in a mall.u know a little distraction from my side and they are on to themselves or they start nagging for something or the other. Giving all the time attention has become a problem. Get to hear from so many people that how much attention I pay to my kids as I am a housewife they cudnt as they were working women and their kids were perfectly alright.then why is it with my kids?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now