Talk

Advanced search

15 mo stopped sleeping through-help!

(7 Posts)
aem167 Wed 07-Nov-12 10:43:51

My 15mo dd could be relied upon to sleep through the night 6/7 nights a week. Until 4 weeks ago. We have been lucky to have had about 7 unbroken nights sleep scattered throughout this period, but pretty much every night she is now waking. Seems to be due to a)vomiting (she has vomited about 7 times, only at night, only once each night and has been absolutely fine in the day) b) wanting milk c) teething d) cough.
Will she ever sleep through reliably again? Why is she vomiting at night when perfectly well other than a bit of a cough in the day? She was never a vomity baby at all.
I have an important exam at the end of the month and am absolutely terrified I'm going to fail due to lack of sleep and poor revision in the day due to this. This has gone on for a month now and I'm tired!
Can anyone at all restore my sanity?
Ps last night I tried to feed her in her own room in the night to get her off to sleep around midnight when she woke. I usually go down to the lounge, but have been thinking that is a bad idea as the tv and all her toys are in there. I thought I wold try to get her settled in her own room. She screamed and screamed and kept indicating towards the door. Immediately after I took her out of her room, she calmed down and took her bottle. Not to be defeated, I took her straight back to her room where she took the rest of the bottle. However, she then promptly vomited everywhere all over her carpet. ?behavioural as she didn't want to be in her own room??? Or is that too complex a behaviour for a 15 mo? Please help! Tips please!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Nov-12 10:50:05

If she had a cough and the vomiting is new, I'd take her to the GP today, it could be a chest infection.

If you think she is playing up because she doesn't want to be alone, would you get more sleep if she was put in your bed? Could you sleep in her room?

sanam2010 Wed 07-Nov-12 14:03:29

Why havent you gone to the
GP yet if she is vomiting??? That's the first thing you should do rather than posting on mumsnet one month later.

aem167 Wed 07-Nov-12 14:44:23

Because I am a GP mySelf! She is not unwell and she has not been vomiting for a month. She has vomited once at night on 7 nights over the course of a month.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Nov-12 18:50:46

GPs are always the worst grin

iloveweetos Wed 07-Nov-12 20:07:40

Oh gosh this is so difficult! Its not like you can tell her not to be sick :|
never underestimate children when it comes to getting their own way lol
But if someone came to you with this problem, who would you refer them to, or what would you advise them to do? Do health visitors help with this? Do you have any paediatric friends who have come across this?

sanam2010 Fri 09-Nov-12 06:44:23

Ok I am not a GP but vomiting on 7 nights within a month is not normal. Clearly there is sth wrong with her. It's tricky when you as a GP can't work it out, I doubt anyone on this forum would know. Is she just vomiting like that or as a result of crying a lot when left alone to "self-settle"/cry it out? I am asking because this is the one reason I can think of that could explain vomiting without anything else being wrong. Other than that i would assume some stomach bug or food allergy - I assume you would have noticed if it was a bug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now