Talk

Advanced search

6.5yr DD 'aware' of her private parts & doesn't want mommy to see them etc

(4 Posts)
Buggymom Tue 06-Nov-12 11:55:52

My 6.5yr old daughter told me the other night that when she put some cream on her wotnot (our name for her front bottom) she wanted me to not look as she thought it was embarrassing when I did. I wasn't starring or pointing and it was all done in her bedroom so hubby and DS not about. She goes in the bath with her 4yr old brother and thats OK. We all wander about naked between showers & getting dressed etc so I'm not sure why she thinks me (her mom) seeing her wotnot is embarrassing. She has also started not wanting to try clothes on in stores unless in the changing rooms - and that was only slipping trousers on to try under her skirt that she had on (no nudity at all). she just seems so young to be feeling so conscious of her body. Has anyone else got such a young child doing this or should I be worried about something...

rockinhippy Tue 06-Nov-12 13:59:32

Mine was exactly the same - by 7 she was covering her non existent boobs whilst seeing the nurse at hospitalgrin

for some kids, perhaps the bright/forward ones (as mine is in that group) I think its just normal - though took me by surprise toogrin

Buggymom Tue 06-Nov-12 14:21:07

My girl is pretty bright and thinks a lot about all sorts (too much usually!). Thanks for responding with a similar experience.
I remember being mortified that my mom wanted me to try a top on in Woolies but I'm sure I was about 9! thanks

rockinhippy Tue 06-Nov-12 14:51:47

bright and thinks a lot about all sorts too much usually

That sounds EXACTLY like mine - smile

& yes, I was much older too, but I suppose everything is on fast forward for them these days - some more than others smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now