Talk

Advanced search

Worried sick

(3 Posts)
Rubyabcd Mon 05-Nov-12 19:54:50

My dd 2 years and 4 months has suddenly developed quite a bad stutter, just in the last week. It is upsetting to watch as she is getting very frustrated and upset!
To add to this I recently got rid of her bottles pre bed and she won't drink milk out of a cup, also she seems to be off her food in general. Mealtimes a challenge.
She has had cold symptoms and been run down for several weeks, her sleeping is off.
To add to this I am 37 weeks pregnant and shattered!
Really want her to be a1 for when baby arrives, worried sick!

Anyone got any advice, is it all a phase? Should I go to the doctors? I am thinking of ringing the health visitor tomorrow!

Donner Mon 05-Nov-12 19:59:59

My 3.5 year old has stuttered on and off for a year. She'll stutter for anything up to 2 weeks and then stop and something about her speech will be better (more vocab or a new sound) I was worried at first as there are a few people with stutters in our family but then I noticed the pattern. I reckon her brain is too busy focussing on whatever new thing shes trying to master and her mouth can't keep up. She's just finished a 2 week stutter and now her grammer is a bit better (less hims and more hes).
Try not to worry and just give her time to talk when shes stuttering.

timetopost Tue 06-Nov-12 22:08:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now