Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a biter?

(7 Posts)
Africagirl1 Mon 05-Nov-12 18:16:55

Mine has just turned one and shocked me at a doc's appt today by sinking her teeth into my arm - twice. I put her on the ground and let her have a little tantrum while I tried to ignore her. What would you do?

Anastasia1979 Mon 05-Nov-12 19:16:51

Yes me too, she's one and a half and a biter and face scratcher.....anyone got any ideas??

PoppyWearer Mon 05-Nov-12 19:20:29

My DC2 (14mo) is a biter when he's teething. It hurts like fuck and he thinks it's funny. No amount of telling-off or naughty-step type discipline works with him.

He does stop when he's not teething...that's my only consolation.

silverangel Mon 05-Nov-12 21:52:22

One of my 14 month DTs does this to her sister. I think its linked to teething too as it happens in phases. I put one of them in the playpen when it happens (its not a punishment, they like it in there!) To seperate them for a coule of minutes. I really don't think she would understand discipline at this age (only 12 months corrected) so interested to see what ot
Hers think!

silverangel Mon 05-Nov-12 21:52:23

One of my 14 month DTs does this to her sister. I think its linked to teething too as it happens in phases. I put one of them in the playpen when it happens (its not a punishment, they like it in there!) To seperate them for a coule of minutes. I really don't think she would understand discipline at this age (only 12 months corrected) so interested to see what ot
Hers think!

silverangel Mon 05-Nov-12 21:53:24

Stupid phone - what others think!

silverangel Mon 05-Nov-12 21:53:24

Stupid phone - what others think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now