Talk

Advanced search

When did you stop swaddling?

(6 Posts)
nutella81 Sat 03-Nov-12 16:47:16

My 16 week old still needs to be swaddled to sleep, and a number of attempts to use a sleeping bag have been unsuccessful (even with blanket tight over the top). She flings her arms around loads, and keeps accidentally knocking her dummy out - as soon as she's wrapped up she calms down and nods off easily. I am hoping as her motor skills and arm control improves, so will her need to be swaddled.

Has anyone else experienced similar? How and when did you finally make the transition? X

lljkk Sat 03-Nov-12 17:59:48

Don't recall really, but just let it happen naturally.

SpottyBrolly Sat 03-Nov-12 20:55:33

We still swaddle our lo at 71/2 months when he needs it. I was a little worried about it but when I spoke to the hv she said he'll grow out of out when he's ready.

vix206 Sat 03-Nov-12 21:14:57

We swaddled until 8 months, then he went happily into a grobag. Until then Ds was the same, flung his arms and legs around like a maniac!!

5madthings Sat 03-Nov-12 21:19:30

my boys were all out of a swaddle by three months but my dd was swaddled till about 16mths as she wouldnt sleep otherwise! hv just said make sure she doesnt get too hot nad dont swaddle their hips/legs tightly, they need to be in the 'froggy' postion.

nutella81 Sat 03-Nov-12 21:30:50

Thanks for all of your replies - I'm glad it's reasonably common. I only swaddle her tight at the top, as she loves having her legs loose (and thinking about it, she's in that frog position a lot). Pre-birth I bought a load of gro-bags, so they may go in storage for the next one!! My dd is also very tall, so I'f I'm going to keep swaddling I'd better get some bigger sheets to do it with, lol x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now