Talk

Advanced search

A poll please - should I relent on my duvet decision?

(12 Posts)
IcouldstillbeJoseph Sat 03-Nov-12 15:13:00

DS is 21 months. I'm almost 7 mo preg. He's just outgrown his summer Grobag and I didn't want to buy him two new big winter ones so have instead got a cot quilt and pillow.
Which he fucking hates! Throws pillow out saying 'no!' and pushes duvet to end of bed and curls up on mattress. I have to go in later and cover him up - only to hear him in night saying 'no' again and moving it off his legs. Even bougt a Thomas cover for it..
I wanted to get him used to the quilt as I though it would ease the transition to a big bed - which will be soonish, when DD arrives.
Should I give up or persevere? he's going to bed now dressed for an arctic mission as he gets so cold!

lljkk Sat 03-Nov-12 17:39:25

If you can afford it I would change back to Grobag. Life is too short for unnecessary battles with toddlers.

lljkk Sat 03-Nov-12 17:39:51

ps: mine couldn't manage to pull up & keep own covers on selves until 2.5+ yo.

nextphase Sat 03-Nov-12 18:03:10

I'd get to TKMaxx and buy a couple from there.
DS1 refused his grobags around this time of year, at 18 months. He spent the winter freezing, as would loose the duvet and couldn't get it back on! Boys!!

ZuleikaD Sun 04-Nov-12 06:29:41

EBay is good for sleeping bags - don't get a branded GroBag, the John Lewis ones are just as good. DS 23 months has a sleeping bag AND a duvet at the moment and on cold nights a fleece sleepsuit as well.

PseudoBadger Sun 04-Nov-12 06:41:44

My DS (21 months) hates having his duvet on him and also refuses to wear anything that covers his feet....

dearprudence Sun 04-Nov-12 06:51:30

I vote to put him back in a grobag. And I don't think you need two.

notcitrus Sun 04-Nov-12 07:51:58

Need 2 in case of wet nappy or vomit, but they're about 2 quid plus postage on Ebay. Grobags rock.

peggyblackett Sun 04-Nov-12 07:54:41

I was going to suggest 2ndhand too. I would do anything to make your life easier with that age gap. Toddler stress is the last thing you need when pregnant!

IcouldstillbeJoseph Sun 04-Nov-12 07:55:04

Thank you all. I'm amazed but last night, without warning, he let me put him straight down on his pillow and put the duvet on him. And stayed with it on all night.
I never thought something so small would please me so much (such a loser!)

ilovevenice Mon 05-Nov-12 00:19:41

You may have it sorted now, but if not they can still be in a sleeping bag and a big bed. I moved my oldest to a duvet when I put him into his big bed, but he was distraught, so we just went on with the sleeping bag for about 6 months. He never got out of bed as far as I know (probably because of the bag), so it really wasn't a problem!

MamaBear17 Mon 05-Nov-12 11:34:05

I would stick with the grobag. DD is 15 months and has a pillow placed underneath her fitted sheet. We did it to begin with to raise her head when she had a cold and now she wont sleep without it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now