Talk

Advanced search

Advice please! 7 month old is teething and wanting bottles 24/7

(2 Posts)
KatieRosie Sat 03-Nov-12 11:40:13

Hi all,
I need some advice, my daughter is 7 months old next week and is teething very badly. She is big for her age (in the 95 percentile - she is big but not overly fat!) and has slept through the night from 8 weeks. She has 4 bottles a day taking between 5 and 7fl oz in each, she is on and off with solids but I think that's mainly to do with the teething.

Anyway, for the last week she has been waking up at 3am sobbing (cause of her mouth I assume) and very hungry so I have been giving her an extra bottle then. My question is should I give her this bottle and give her one less during the day? Has she got in to a pattern of wanting food just cause she is awake so should I try not to feed her when she wakes? Is she going to eat less solids cause she is getting so much milk?! Am I feeding her too much?!

I think I am just so conscious that she is big and loves her food and I don't want to over feed her or comfort her with food.

Maybe I am worrying for nothing but as a new mum that's exactly what I seem to do all the time!

Thanks! X

Iggly Sat 03-Nov-12 20:48:27

There is a growth spurt at that age too so I doubt it's teething. My DS had a huge one as did DD.

So give her the bottle, then after a while, gradually cut it out again by reducing the feed by 1oz every night so she can adjust her intake of food in the day.

Is she on solids? You could also risk feeding her in the day with too much fruit/veg which isn't actually that filling so she wakes up hungry in the night. She needs a good balance of protein/fats/carbs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now