Talk

Advanced search

Why does 2.5 ds keep waking? How to stop it?

(3 Posts)
bluesmile10 Fri 02-Nov-12 15:41:33

For about the past 2 months, my 2.5 ds has been waking between 3 and 7+ times a night! He's not poorly, in pain or anything and it's never for long. We go in, don't talk to him, put him back into bed if he's got up or lie him back down and walk back out and he goes back to sleep!!

The problem is the constant interrupted sleep is killing me and I'm struggling on some days to then get up for work. He's never been a great sleeper ever, but we did have a short period when he went thru the night!

I do think sometimes that he has a bad dream, but don't think this answers all the wakings. Sometimes he asks for a cuddle and I wonder if this is the reason.

How do I tackle this to get him to sleep thru again?

FoxyRevenger Fri 02-Nov-12 20:23:11

I've got a 2.4 year old daughter and whilst she is generally a fab sleeper, we have had the odd phase of this.

The last one she woke up crying a few times a night for about a month. I was pregnant and on my knees with exhaustion!

Eventually I had to just let her cry; I sat in my bed crying too. After about 10 minutes DH went and comforted her, he couldn't take it any more. But - after that she never did it again. I think she thought it wasn't worth all the hassle if she wasn't going to get immediate comfort.

Depends how brave you feel though.

bluesmile10 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:55:46

Thanks, I think I go for the quick comfort because I know he'll go back off and I get back to sleep quicker. Think you're right though and I do need to be brave.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now