Talk

Advanced search

13mo DS has grown out of Lidl 5+ nappies, don't like any others, any suggestions?

(26 Posts)
SchrodingersUndeadMew Thu 01-Nov-12 23:57:59

Really don't know what to do, any other brand I can find is really expensive, hard to get larger than this size or utterly crap. sad

EugenesAxe Fri 02-Nov-12 08:01:32

Are they unusually small? My 2.9 year old (well, a week ago as enduring potty training now) wore size 4+. I used Bambo and Pampers at nights (not sure if so important as he wees less now, but Bambo were more likely to leak at night) - Bambo are nice and roomy and the best biodegradable ones I could find. They are well priced on Natural Collection or Spirit of Nature websites - get a tester of their Junior size to see.

Otherwise I'm confused; if weight parameters are same as for other brands, you have a big 13mo. Are they small around the waist or do they fill quickly? Is he crawling/walking; has he slimmed down yet? Perhaps get advice from HV.

ZuleikaD Fri 02-Nov-12 10:18:46

Yes, my nearly 4 yo wears size 5 - are Lidl ones sized differently? What weight does the packet say?

tiggy114 Fri 02-Nov-12 10:37:17

I think they get to a stage where they're bigger but still have some baby chub. My DD struggles with tge size 5 nsppies at the mo but when she gets the skinny toddler running around frame, i think they'll fit again. My friend gave me some 3 yo trousers and they don't fit my little one anywhere near, but tgey shoot up don't they and get skinny minnies. Incidently, i think aldi's own brand are quit big fitting. Nature babies are much smaller.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Fri 02-Nov-12 12:03:09

No, not unusually small. Size 5 in any brand doesn't fit. It's round the waist and thighs they cut right into him and make him sore even at their loosest.

He's always been quite big, there has been a few threads on it as he was born and into the micro nappies/tiny baby clothes but jumped a centile a week for a good while.

He doesn't look fat but he is big (tall and broad), 12-18mo clothes don't fit him. sad

Tiggy I think that's it, yes. But he cruises around everything all day, he has just started bum shuffling a bit as well (he has never really crawled). I hope he manages to fit them again because nappies are becoming very expensive.

Eugenes I can't get advice from the HV, she's a bit of a loon. When DS was just a few weeks old she told me to spin out his feeds with water and let him CIO to cut his feeds down! She also told me if I didn't cut his feeds down and give him water he would end up in hospital with dehydration hmm. I can#t go see her.

vodkaanddietirnbru Fri 02-Nov-12 12:14:38

do they not do a size 6 as I know pampers/huggies do the bigger size

Belmo Fri 02-Nov-12 12:22:01

My 13 month old is growing out of size 5s too if it cheers you up any! She's 35lb and really needs to learn to walk soon cos I'm struggling to carry her! Watching for ideas, I'm thinking maybe pull ups but I've not tried anything else yet.

Sarahplane Fri 02-Nov-12 12:32:16

Huggies seem to be sized bigger if that helps. My 14 month ds is a bit of a chunk too. We moved him into size 5 in pampers/sainsburys/asda nappies but my mum and dad always get some for their house so me and my dsis don't have to keep bringing them with us and they got huggies size 5 and they're big on him. He's also growing out of 12-18 month clothes too (some still fit but some too small) so he's maybe a wee bit smaller than your ds so maybe buy a small pack of huggies in size 5+ to try? Still not cheap though but seem to always be on offer at sainsburys and asda.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Fri 02-Nov-12 12:58:38

Vodka He's always leaky in the morning with them, I have just tried little angels as well and he leaks with them. sad

Belmo DS is about the same weight too! I feel much better now! smile I have tried pull ups and while they are better and Lidl sell them to fit him they are a pain in the arse because he wants to move so much! If you find anything, let me know please?

Sarah Huggies have been a slightly better fit in 5+ or 6 but they leak and are so expensive! It costs us double for Pampers and Huggies and we can't really afford them tbh, that's why Lidi ones were so good and they felt so much better.

Have tried Nature baby ones as well and they also leak. sad He drinks an awful lot so normally leaks in the morning.

VirginiaDare Fri 02-Nov-12 13:04:08

Boots do a size 6 nappy, not too expensive.

My bed wetting 8 year old still squeezes into a 5+ though!

SchrodingersUndeadMew Fri 02-Nov-12 13:05:05

Are they good?

VirginiaDare Fri 02-Nov-12 13:26:24

I've only used the small baby one from Boots but as far as I recall they were good.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Fri 02-Nov-12 13:32:14

I used the newborn ones from Boots as I was given them as part of a present but if I remember right, I hated them.

I know that different sizes seem to be different though as I used to love Pampers.

Will give them a try or put DS on a diet. grin

Sarahplane Fri 02-Nov-12 14:11:39

Well I now regret googling nappies for chubby babies. Far too much adult baby stuff coming up. Ewww!!

mejon Fri 02-Nov-12 15:48:44

I'm sure DD1 used to wear size 6 Lidl pull-ups when she was still wet at night (only a year ago!) Would pull-ups be an option for your DS?

cansu Fri 02-Nov-12 15:54:19

You can get larger nappies from tens direct. The brand that I found to be good was called libero. They come in pull ups and as standard nappies. You can order them online or on the phone.

cansu Fri 02-Nov-12 15:54:38

Sorry typo meant to type tena direct.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Fri 02-Nov-12 18:07:57

Sarah Lmao!

Mejon I think I am going to try them agaim, they were a PITA but the done. smile

Cansu Thanks for that, hopefully he will start going down sizes and not up but I will keep your advice in mind if he doesn't. smile

Rhubarbgarden Fri 02-Nov-12 19:47:00

Have you thought about cloth nappies? Much cheaper in the long run. Having said that, I had to stop using them for dd when she reached 12mo because she was so active they kept leaking.

Moltex are large fitting and don't leak (and biodegradable as a bonus) but they are expensive.

Sorry that's not terribly helpful really.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Fri 02-Nov-12 20:02:43

I've tried them and didn't get on with them. sad Thank you though. smile

coraltoes Sat 03-Nov-12 14:43:23

This sounds odd, definitely try pampers again as my 19mo DD is in size 5 but still fits a 4+ easily and is not a skinny Minnie. Good luck

SchrodingersUndeadMew Sat 03-Nov-12 15:04:32

Coral Thanks, I will buy some Pampers today, I think they are on offer.

Currently using Little Angels size 6.

EntWife Sun 04-Nov-12 21:28:20

The kiddicare "just4bums" size 5 is for 19-25kilos. I was using them for DD1 until we potty trained a few months ago. They were always quite roomy and best of all, if you dont like them they will take them back and refund you for the unused nappies!

quite cheap too. £20 for a months supply.

Pomtastic Mon 05-Nov-12 15:29:15

Was just about to say Just for Bums as well!

DD's 98th centile for weight & 25th for height = v. v. fat thighs & tummy! So I sympathise.

We're using size 4+ nappies with Just for Bums (she's 22lb at 7mo) & has growing room in them. Big power wee'er as she BF's through night & these nappies are the only ones to last 11-12 hours without much leaking.

SchrodingersUndeadMew Mon 05-Nov-12 15:46:05

We used a Lidl nappy last night and it was fine! grin

I think he must have changed dimensions somewhere in the past couple of weeks, I'm just hoping they still fit in another week!

If he gets cut into again, I will definitely check out the Just for Bums.

Thank you everyone for all the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now