Talk

Advanced search

Night time nappies for 3.5 year old son

(11 Posts)
Kt8791 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:18:51

Ds1 is 3 and a half and is potty trained in the day (has been for a year) however he is not dry at night. Have limited drinks at night and tried lifting him but he is still wet. The problem is his pull ups are leaking, most nights. Dh wants to put him in nappies but I don't and think it will upset ds1. What do u recommend to use at night that doesn't leak. We are currently using Huggies pull ups size 5.

Thank u.

bamboobutton Wed 31-Oct-12 09:22:28

ds is 4.5yo and is still in night nappies, he has been dry in the day for well over year and a half. night training is all about hormone release and nothing to do with "training".

i use either pampers pull ups or sainsburys own brand, never had any leaks with them.

Kt8791 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:36:01

Thank u. Do your sons nappies feel quite wet in the morning?

Kt8791 Wed 31-Oct-12 09:53:23

Anyone else......

Moomoomie Wed 31-Oct-12 09:58:25

Underjams are good. Also DRinites. Best to find a pull up designed for night time wear.
Don't worry about night time, you can not train a child to be dry at night, if the chemical is not being released they will not be dry at night. It is very common.

fluffacloud Wed 31-Oct-12 10:05:18

My DD is almost 3 but wears 4-5 clothes and we couldn't find nappies big enough.

We're using Drynights pj pants in the 4-8 year old size and they have been leak free. We do have to whip them off fairly quickly in the morning because they're usually rather full.

They are a bit pricey though, approx £4.50 for 10 but they are on offer in Sainsbo, Wilkinsons etc fairly regularly, so we stock up.

HTH grin

Mcnorton Wed 31-Oct-12 10:05:22

hi my son is just 4 & v wet at night (dry during day). huggies night time ones were useless so we changed to pampers underjams which are much better. having said that, this week he has been waking, sodden , at 4.30am and can't get back to sleep after being changed into dry things. Argh. Hoping someone knows of a cast iron night time pull up, especially as we are staying at in laws this weekend!

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 31-Oct-12 10:07:05

Have you tried a bigger size? Pull ups go up to size 6. I never liked huggies and tended to use pampers

Kt8791 Wed 31-Oct-12 10:48:26

Thank u for your responses. I did think about going up a size vodka but I think they will be too big. Maybe I will buy a small packet of under jams and dry nights and see how we get on. On a positive being wet doesn't seem to wake my son up!

BedHog Wed 31-Oct-12 11:00:48

Sainsburys nappies in size 6. They don't leak.

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 31-Oct-12 11:01:40

bigger ones will absorb more - I normally moved up a size when they started leaking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now