Talk

Advanced search

Punishments

(2 Posts)
Crossandratty Mon 29-Oct-12 20:39:52

I need help with how to discipline/punish my DS in a meaningful way. He will be 3 next month, but is the size of a 6 yo. When he hits/pushes is really really hurts. When he doesn't want to do something there is no way I can physically make him. He obviously doesn't have the mental development to go with his increased size, and I appreciate that, but he does need to learn its not kind to hit, it's not acceptable to run into the road etc etc.

Dangerous things, like running into the road, does get a smack on the bottom from me ( this occurs rarely). But I don't want that to be my stock punishment for him. I used to take him up to his room, but I can no longer lift hi,. He won't sit and stay on the naughty step, and removing his favourite toys is met with 'I don't care'.

Any other ideas??? His behaviour is really getting me down. I'm worried he'll have an asbo by the age of 4. grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 29-Oct-12 20:58:44

If he is running in the road then he really needs to be on reins or with a wrist strap, that way you will avoid the need to smack him. It will also stop him from being run over smile.

As for him hitting, I can't do links at the moment but try googling askdrsears hitting as it gives some good tips.

If things like removing him or his things, the naughty step etc aren't working try one of the books by Dr Tanya Byron.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now