Talk

Advanced search

swimming with 15 month old

(12 Posts)
Rootatoot Sun 28-Oct-12 21:52:47

Probably the wrong place to post this, sorry but we're starting swimming classes very soon & I was wondering what I need to take? Got swim nappies, swim shorts but what about arm bands & stuff. I haven't been in a pool for over 20 years so I feel very rusty & bit nervous about taking my almost walking, live wire ds on my own!

exoticfruits Sun 28-Oct-12 22:08:49

If you are having classes phone them up tomorrow and ask them.

Rootatoot Sun 28-Oct-12 22:12:22

That's the thing. I don't think theres anyone there cos of half term & then I'd only have 1 day before class starts. Didn't realise how quick class had come round. Thought had couple weeks yet.

yellowsubmarine53 Sun 28-Oct-12 22:14:15

Swim nappies and something to wear to swim in sounds about right. Take a towel for each of you, large enough to keep you warm whilst you change ds. Flip flops for the showers if you're so inclined.

Welovecouscous Sun 28-Oct-12 22:15:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

didireallysaythat Sun 28-Oct-12 22:16:54

Our swimming lessons provide woggles and floats when they are needed. Get prepared for doing a lot of the "hokey cokey cokey".... I wouldn't worry - and if it turns out you need something you'll probably have a week to sort it out.

Tips: a flannel is great for standing your ds on - you can wrap them in a towel. Wet feet and socks are incompatible in my experience... and sometimes giving them a task (staying on the flannel) can make a live wire less live.. A snack for the changing room afterwards is also good - gives you time to get yourself dry while they munch through a box of raisins and a bottle of milk...

poocatcherchampion Sun 28-Oct-12 22:16:58

I'm sure they will have armbands etc there if they want you to use them. I always take a toy and a snack to distract dd while im getting undressed and dressed. Have fun!

MegMogAndOwl Mon 29-Oct-12 10:43:19

I always take the buggy in too. The pool I go to has a large communal changing area and dd is inclined to crawl across the wet changing room floor whilst I struggle to get changed and chase after her!

I'd also recommend the wetsuit type swimming costume, they keep them warmer particularly if the pools a bit cold.

Hope you enjoy it smile

Pascha Mon 29-Oct-12 10:45:43

Just nappy and shorts/wetsuit. They will provide any noodles/arm discs etc when they need them. Our pool is quite cold so a wetsuit is nice in the winter. Take a snake for afterwards while you get dressed too.

Pascha Mon 29-Oct-12 10:47:32

Snack Not Snake! Don't take a snake! blush

Welovecouscous Mon 29-Oct-12 13:08:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FeralGirlCambs Mon 29-Oct-12 14:23:14

hooded dressing gown / robe for you if you have one - I never remember and always end up dripping on poor DD (16 mo) whilst trying to dry her, as if I put her down to dry myself properly first she totters off naked to try and get back in the pool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now