Talk

Advanced search

DS 2.4 hasn't eaten properly for a week....

(8 Posts)
cheeseandmushroomghostie Fri 26-Oct-12 17:36:06

Last Friday DS had a sickness bug that was going around the local schools and nurseries, all ok by Monday. No d&v since. He however has completely refused to eat, having only a bit of each meal, no more. He has visibly lost weight, as we walked across a car park this morning his trousers fell down round his ankles, twice. These are trousers he has been wearing for a while so probably were more snug than loose. He is drinking water and squash, not drinking milk. He has not had a fever since the d&v stopped. He appears fine and not 'Unwell' but is just refusing food, even crisps biscuits and chocolate! Have tried all of his favourite foods, no joy. He doesn't appear to be in any discomfort. Am pulling my hair out as I can see he is so much slimmer. Any ideas please?

cheeseandmushroomghostie Fri 26-Oct-12 18:49:15

Bump

Jemma1111 Fri 26-Oct-12 18:56:33

I wouldn't worry too much about your ds not eating properly just yet, he may take a while to get his appetite back after being poorly.

As long as he's drinking lots and he's ok in himself and wanting to play etc then I'm sure he'll be fine!

However, do take him to the docs if he goes another full week barely eating

cheeseandmushroomghostie Fri 26-Oct-12 19:15:02

Thanks Jemma, I was going to give it til after the weekend. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything obvious.

Handsfulloffun Fri 26-Oct-12 19:21:29

This has happend with my DC after a nasty d&v bug.

Like Jemma said I wouldnt worry to much, I try to offer food, but little and often as I think it often takes a while for their tummys to settle.

How is he with things like weetabix and toast ?

happygilmore Fri 26-Oct-12 21:42:34

My DD had a bug the other week and was exactly the same, didn't really eat for a week. She's fine now and eating absolutely loads. I'm sure if he's drinking he'll be OK smile

Sirzy Fri 26-Oct-12 21:44:56

if it helps DS once went 9 days without eating 7 if which he was in hospital and they werent concerned in the slightest as he was drinking.

cheeseandmushroomghostie Fri 26-Oct-12 22:47:56

Thanks all for replies, feel reassured now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now