Talk

Advanced search

Game / play ideas for 2 yr old and 14 mth old

(6 Posts)
BetteDavis01 Fri 26-Oct-12 16:45:02

My 2 year old is nearly 3, for info. I am really struggling to know what to do with them together at the moment. They are both in their own little worlds. 2 year old does try and push little one over as well, so I sometimes just feel like a referee! 14 mth old, not walking yet.

What can I do with the pair of them! Thanks!

BetteDavis01 Fri 26-Oct-12 17:55:40

Bump

naptime Fri 26-Oct-12 18:25:48

When mine were that age I struggled too - it is an age thing.
Things I did with them (sometimes would only amuse them for short time though) - make play dough, do painting, go to playgroups, water play (better in summer), zooming cars around house, bubbles, cooking, making an 'instrument' using emply bottle and rice in it.
It's much easier now (they are 5 and 2 now) esp 2 year old isn't into breaking all things like lego and train track up which she used to do all the time! Hang in there! Sorry this isn't much help!

BetteDavis01 Fri 26-Oct-12 19:02:11

Thank you! Good tips. smile

ATourchOfInsanity Fri 26-Oct-12 19:06:11

Take them to the park to let off steam. DD is 14 and loves running around unrestrained kicking the leaves at the moment. Imagine your older DS can amuse himself on swings/slides etc smile

Do you have a wigwam or can you make a tent from string and a blanket in your house? DD still loves peekaboo and perhaps yr older boy can sit inside being the Chief while your younger passes him things or hides behind the flaps?

BillysBeastlyBogeyman Fri 26-Oct-12 19:08:46

Peekaboo and catch. For hours... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now