Talk

Advanced search

YR DD told me a boy has been kissing her and showing her his bum!

(6 Posts)
thistooshallpasswontit Mon 22-Oct-12 20:39:49

Dd (age 4) has just told me tonight that another little boy has been kissing her and showing her his bum (not sure if it was a bare bum or not!). She also said he told her not to tell the teacher and that I must not tell anyone. I told her it was good she told me and that she should tell her teacher if it happens again. I also said you don't kiss or cuddle at school and that bums are private! I am planning to have a chat with her teacher tomorrow (is this an over reaction?) to see what she says but just wondered if anyone has any words of wisdom about what I should say? I'm hoping its all very innocent but the "don't tell the teacher" concerns me. Is this standard reception stuff?!

moleskin Mon 22-Oct-12 20:49:11

No over reaction def talk to the teacher! As if your dd and this boy are caught they will most likely both be in trouble regardless of the fact that it was the boy at fault. Have a word.

izzywizzyisbizzy Mon 22-Oct-12 20:52:02

No it shouldnt be a secret at their age, that is concerning to me, not the rest (without the secrecy), Id be really worried if one of mine was doing this.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 22-Oct-12 20:54:12

Agree, the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" thing is not unusual at that age, the "don't tell" is concerning.

camgirl Mon 22-Oct-12 20:54:34

I would be quite worried about what is happening to this boy, at home or elsewhere. No question of him being 'at fault.'

butterfingerz Mon 22-Oct-12 21:46:50

I'm not sure I'd be that worried... my DD has just started reception and has come home with a few tales. I even remember when I started school many moons ago, boys loved to show off their willies, and usually in some secluded corner or under coats as they knew they'd get in trouble if the teacher caught them.

Talk to the teacher but don't let your imagination run away with you... its probably just kids being kids. And your DD did tell you at the end of the day which is a good thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now