Talk

Advanced search

Vomiting at bedtime linked to fear of dark?

(9 Posts)
NorthernNumpty Sun 21-Oct-12 20:36:41

DS is 2.8 and has vomited about half an hour after going to bed the past three nights. He is otherwise fine and happy.
The last few nights he has also woken up in the night (v unusual for him) and has wanted a light on. He is very vocal and says he doesn't like the dark.
He also went into a bed about three weeks ago.
Are these things all related or not? Any tips?

Oh you have my sympathy. Mine went crazy tonight as they heard fireworks just as I was putting them to bed. The dog was barking; DS 2.10yo made himself sick. I didn't cope with it well I'm afraid. I'm a lone parent and neither of them would settle down and go to their rooms. I was becoming more cross, as neither would listen...

After I calmed down I sat outside their rooms with the sound of the ocean waves on the iPhone. I think I'll be doing that every night for the next 3 weeks sad I feel awful that they were frightened and the red mist just descended on me. DS usually has the hallway light on anyway. It has to stay on all night as he will wake up and scream 'too dark Mummy'.

I realise none of this helps you, but I'd go for a nightlight as a good start?

Frontpaw Sun 21-Oct-12 20:47:28

Is he sickening for something? Maybe he's waking up because he feels poorly and wants the light on.

NorthernNumpty Sun 21-Oct-12 20:53:43

Oh poor you curiosity what a nightmare! I can only cope with the puke as DH and I team up to strip bed and clean child. Must be hard on your own. Have yourself a wine
He might be coming down with something I suppose but he is otherwise his normal self. He did have loose poo today though now you mention it ....

Frontpaw Sun 21-Oct-12 21:08:39

Ahhhh. DS would generally act up when he was actually ill, so I'd be telling him off for being bratty, then the poor wee thing would turn out to be coming down with a bug. He never whinges about being ill and unless he vomits or has a temperature, you can't tell if he's ill.

Unlike some others I could mention...

Oh god yes - now you mention it, Ds has had a bad bum. Oh bloody hell I feel like the worse mother in the world. I shouted at a frightened ill child. Bugger.

Frontpaw Sun 21-Oct-12 21:41:16

Don't feel bad. I once did a banshee on DS for acting (very out of character) like a little spoiled brat at a birthday party. Next day, huge temperature and projectile vomiting.

Give him a big cuddle, check the infacol stocks and treats for a failing appetite (plus toast for a vomity tum).

NorthernNumpty Sun 21-Oct-12 21:44:59

Don't feel bad, if we haven't already done then same you can guarantee our time will come!
Looks like I might be having a day off work tomorrow grin but then sad as self employed!

Thankyou for bring kind to me and my thread hijack. The one bonus I have here is that DS will be with his vomit-adverse Dad tomorrow, so every cloud

Evil grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now