Talk

Advanced search

Dd needs to stop sucking her thumb

(6 Posts)
janx Fri 19-Oct-12 22:19:31

Its been on the cards- but last visit to dentist confirmed that she needs to stop. When she heard she cried all the way home! Any ideas on what works? She mainly does it to get herself off to sleep - she's 8

SilverCharm Fri 19-Oct-12 23:06:18

Well now....I would pop a thumb guard on. Like this

It's meant to work.....if you don't want to go down that route...well 8 is big enough to understand the consequences...have you explained the way her teeth will look if she continues? Showed her pictures?

janx Fri 19-Oct-12 23:41:26

Thanks - I have talked to her about it and the effect it is having on her teeth but she says she doesn't care sad... The whole thumb sucking is connected a bed time ritual with her favourite cuddly toy.

SilverCharm Sat 20-Oct-12 08:23:18

Gah...my now 8 year old sucked her thumb till about age 5 and it has definitely made her teeth stick out a bit...you'll need to get her a thumb guard then.

hillbilly Sat 20-Oct-12 10:45:27

Use "Stop and Grow" - it stopped my 7 yr old DD in days after a telling off from the dentist.

hillbilly Sat 20-Oct-12 10:52:10

Use "Stop and Grow" - it stopped my 7 yr old DD in days after a telling off from the dentist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now