Talk

Advanced search

help II have a biter

(3 Posts)
babylily Fri 19-Oct-12 21:48:59

Ds is 13 months and still having 2 breast feeds a day. He has been growing a biting habit since the first tooth at 11 months and we have always pulled him away and given a strong no! But... I am now missing a big chunk of nipple where it all got a kit nasty the other night! He just grins and laughs when I take him off, if he is biting his sisters, or my leg, arm, or breast! Other 2 dc's never bit and I haven't read anything that has helped so far! Any ideas? Please? Before I am mutilated for life? I Planned feeding til 18 months but at this rate...:-# doesn't bite daddy tho!

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 20-Oct-12 07:55:45

DS bit me - never took a chunk out though. As soon as he did it I:

- unlatched him
- looked him in the eye and said a firm 'No'
- put him down on the floor

He hated it and would wail loudly but I wouldn't pick him up until I'd mentally counted to 30.

I think the most important thing is not to give an exciting reaction - no 'OW!' or shrieking etc. DS used to bite and then grin up at me looking for my reaction. Once he stopped getting one and had a consequence he didn't like he stopped biting.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 20-Oct-12 07:56:38

P.S. we kept going until 16 months, at which point DS lost all interest grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now