Talk

Advanced search

The weaker sex?

(5 Posts)
Flowerface Fri 19-Oct-12 19:42:13

Are boys weedier than girls, health-wise, or is it just mine? While both my DCs are 'healthy', DS (5 months) has already been on antibiotics twice, hospitalised once for infection and currently into the third week of diarrhoea/coughing virus. DD, although smaller and much grouchier in temprement, had none of this, and I don't think it is just being the second child and being exposed to more diseases... My Mum is convinced that boys are more susceptible because girls are 'the template', genetically. Can there be any truth in this...?!

colditz Fri 19-Oct-12 19:44:45

www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4146/Be-kinder-baby-boys.html

Flowerface Fri 19-Oct-12 19:50:51

Interesting! Actually, I 'baby' and dote on him much more than I did with DD at a similar stage (I had fallen under the evil influence of 'baby training books' - I have since emancipated myself!) - which may be just as well!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Oct-12 20:08:28

Interesting article colditz and so glad you've emancipated yourself flower grin

Flowerface Sat 20-Oct-12 06:11:25

Having thought about this last night I wonder what the evidence for people treating boys more harshly is? This is def not the case with the people I know (not that that's statistically significant, I know). Though I do remember a programme a few years ago (perhaps with Robert Winston, if that's his name?) showing that people interpret a girl's cries as fear and a boy's as anger...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now