Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

2 yr Old having trouble settling into pre-school

(5 Posts)
FLO2010 Fri 19-Oct-12 17:08:33

My 2 year old has recently started pre-school and she is taking a long time to get used to it. She cries hysterically the whole time I am gone. We are three weeks in and its not getting any easier for her. She goes 3 times per week, each time for 3 hours. I stayed with her the first 2 times, left only for half an hour the third time, then for an hour the other times. Each time I leave her, I call the teacher to check if she is ok and I am told that I have to come back as she is so sad. i have been a stay at home mum for the last two years and we don't have any family close by so she is not used to be apart from me. Does anyone have any advice? Could it be that she is not quite ready and I should wait another 6 months or so? Thanks

scurryfunge Fri 19-Oct-12 17:11:52

I would wait a while and try again if she doesn't have to be there.

Iggly Fri 19-Oct-12 17:16:01

Yes too young I reckon.

Ds started at 2 because I had another baby on the way. He wasn't ready at all. I took him out after about 6 months. At 3, he started again (somewhere else) and he was absolutely fine. No problems at all!!

Morph2 Fri 19-Oct-12 20:47:04

we tried my DS at a creche earlier in the year when he was about 20 months and he hated it cried all the time.

He started pre school in Sept and is now 2.5, i was expecting a few tears but he's taken to it straight away, sometimes a few months makes all the difference.

seeker Fri 19-Oct-12 20:48:56

You don't have to send her at all- it's not compulsory!

If you don't need her to go fornwork or your mental health, keep her home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now