Talk

Advanced search

How do I play with my 10 week old?

(9 Posts)
Clumsasaurus Fri 19-Oct-12 11:18:01

Says it all really, struggling to know what to do with him. He has a baby gym that he enjoys and loves sitting in his bouncy chair but I just don't know what to do with him and what sort of toys he might like. We have bought a few bits but nothing seems to light up his little face...

fishcalledwonder Fri 19-Oct-12 11:22:30

At that age mine loved a rainmaker from ELC and anything small enough to hold, such as teething links. She didn't really 'play' as such though.

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Oct-12 11:59:57

How about things like peekaboo? They are usually fascinated by other children so it might be worth checking out your local play group. Nct group or free sessions at the library.

horsebiscuit Fri 19-Oct-12 12:05:29

Just talk to him lots while you go about your normal life! In a few weeks time he'll really want to hold a spoon, look at waving trees, splash water, blow bubbles etc but at the moment he just loves your company and watching the world go by.

Clumsasaurus Fri 19-Oct-12 12:10:06

Thank you - feel a bit better, we chat and sing together lots but wondered if he was missing out on anything... Sounds like he's not :-)

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 19-Oct-12 12:12:20

Doesn't sound like he is missing out on anything to me either smile

KayteeB12 Fri 19-Oct-12 17:46:01

of course he's not missing out hun just having his mummy near him is enough to make him happy smile
silly little things like clapping, peak a boo, rustling paper amuses babies this little and its pointless splashing out on toys when good old household items do the trick alot better!xx

HilaryLDN Fri 19-Oct-12 21:09:31

My 11wo DD likes batting at things lately - nothing fancy, just tie a rattle or similar to a ribbon and dangle within reach when she's in her bouncy chair or lying on her back. Kind of like a cat toy. grin She gets really excited whenever she makes contact - flails her arms and legs and hoots like a monkey!

Snazzyspookyandscary Fri 19-Oct-12 21:12:58

Lots of floor time! Let him wriggle around under the baby gym. Talking and singing to him all good, and peekaboo. You sound like it's all going fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now