Talk

Advanced search

secretive ds

(3 Posts)
Fabulousfreaks Thu 18-Oct-12 21:01:16

My ds is 8 and is a sensitive child but he is incredibly closed and will not open up. He may tell me he is sad but will absolutely refuse to tell me why he is sad. I just can't get him to open up to me ever and it really upsets me and worries me. I don't understand why he doesn't trust mummy to make things better for him or want me to comfort him. I really don't know the best way to tackle this. And after all the stuff in the news recently about that poor girl's abduction, I really don't want him keeping things from me.

Has anyone got experience or advice? Thanks

SilverCharm Thu 18-Oct-12 21:21:42

Well my DD is also 8 and also very secretive...so I know your pain! DD moved to a new school last year and it was VERY hard as she would not tell me who she played with, if she had made new friends...nothing. sad

I realised that the more I asked, the less she would tell...so I stopped asking. This year she has begun to open up a bit...not a lot...but when I don't ask, she doesn't mind telling me tiny bits.

Has DS got friends? Is he ok at school?

I think if he tells you he is sad, but won't say why...you need to look at the basics....has he people to play with and is he doing ok academically?

Fabulousfreaks Fri 19-Oct-12 18:50:03

Hi thanks for replying. He is happy at school I think and has lots of friends but I think he very much feels middle child but when I try to spend special time with him he doesn#t want to do anything I suggest and he says he doesn't know what he wants to do. He is very difficult to communicate with and it is hard to know what to do. He is also very unaffectionate and has never said he loves me unless I ask him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now