Talk

Advanced search

I feel like a bad Mummy...

(7 Posts)
BabydollsMum Thu 18-Oct-12 19:42:30

Sorry for the moan:

20 month DD's been sick with a really nasty virus for just over a week and in 8 long days and nights none of us have slept for longer than a two hour stretch in one go. (Exactly HOW did we do it in the beginning?) It's been really tough. She's had a vomiting bug (which I had too), been grizzly, been on hunger strike, high temp, soaring fever then cold and clammy at night and a very frightening rash at 5am the other morning.

She's on the mend, thank god, but she's spent the whole day moaning and grizzling and turbo-tantrumming and she's extra accident prone and clumsy because she's weak.

I just feel like I could deal with all this much better if I weren't so bloody sleep deprived myself but we've just been in all day driving each other mental waiting for DP to come home. Now I feel guilty for allowing her to be miserable all day and I've been snappy. Poor love.

That's all. sad wine

Iggly Thu 18-Oct-12 19:44:13

Poor you sad

Strap her in the pushchair and get put when you can. Easier and you feel better even if tired. I promise!

BabydollsMum Fri 19-Oct-12 12:33:43

Thanks Iggly good idea. She's still grumpy but she's with her Daddy today.

KayteeB12 Sun 21-Oct-12 00:32:16

oh hun its not your fault and your not a bad mum!
agreed about getting out and if you cant then snuggle down with a bottle/beaker of warm milk with a film on the tele with her and just try and keep her as calm as possible xx

BabydollsMum Mon 22-Oct-12 21:22:45

Thank you! She's so much better now, thank goodness.

KayteeB12 Wed 24-Oct-12 13:50:55

im really glad to hear it xx

midseasonsale Wed 24-Oct-12 19:35:26

Let DH look after her tonight. Go to bed alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now