Talk

Advanced search

DS1 7 is stealing from his class!!!

(6 Posts)
bacon Thu 18-Oct-12 18:12:59

I cant beleive it, at first I wasnt convinced now I am.

He came home with a tiny toy yesterday said it was a prize for his good behaviour and helpfulness and that he collected enough points (genuis idea) then today on collection a friend said someone has taken it! My heart dived and I felt sick! this seems a line of missing things from school, he's come home with dinner money (he has packed lunch), reports of food going missing - wrappers in his bag.

This is odd, there are no issues at home, no money problems, no emotional problems apart from his continual testing behaviour. He's bright, healthy and very popular....there are no issues.

What do I do? I tried making up stories that the policeman is coming to school but he doesnt seem to catch on he plays the story with me and isnt affected.

I will have to see the teacher tomorrow. I feel so sad and shocked.

Goldmandra Thu 18-Oct-12 18:21:26

Try not to worry.

The teacher will not believe this is something you have caused or condone.

Lots of children steal at some point. Most stop as soon as they are found out and realise how b****y awful that feeling is.

Just make sure he knows that you fully back the teacher up when he or she deals with it.

Then move on and expect him to have learned his lesson.

WereTricksPotter Thu 18-Oct-12 18:23:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missmapp Thu 18-Oct-12 18:25:18

I once stole something from a child at school- a pink Mr Greedy rubber, I remember it well! I don't know why I did. Mum went to school, was very cross and disappointed with me and I was made to apologise to the child, replace said rubber and lost lots of priviliges- this was enough to put me off criminal ways for life!! I still remember the look on my mum's face- Oh the guilt.

But- I have turned out ok, I think, and VERY honest- so , I'd say, go to school, show him how shocked and cross you are, and it may well stop him in his tracks.

MaryZed Thu 18-Oct-12 18:25:42

Don't take it personally, just deal with it seriously and as Gold said, move on.

ds2 is now 14. He remembers vividly the day he stole a packet of football cards from our local toy shop. I discovered he had them when we got to the car. I marched him back and made him hand them over.

He never did it again (and now when his friends go stealing sweets, he stays a mile away from them).

bacon Thu 18-Oct-12 18:45:47

Thanks all, I am sure they are pointing the finger to the usual suspects but I'm hiding and saying nought!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now