Talk

Advanced search

Unusual behaviour

(7 Posts)
piglettsmummy Mon 15-Oct-12 22:06:01

My daughters behaviour has become strange over the past couple of months she had almost what looked like a panic attack today when a mobile rung (was fine before and after wih the phone ringing) she was screami and shaking she sometimes gets upset when food is put in front of her even though she likes it and occasionally will also get extremely upset at the thought of wearing shoes and socks! no idea why this happens and it's not all the time either. Doctors have dismissed it but I still have a nagging feeling. She's 2 x

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 15-Oct-12 22:56:56

What is your nagging feeling?

piglettsmummy Mon 15-Oct-12 23:28:54

Just that her behaviour isn't normal! I can't put m y finger on it but I look at her everyday and think, there's something not right with her that we're missing. She already has quite a serious medical condition and for 7months doctors ignored my pleas then they realised I was right! This is the same feeling -again! I'm no saying its serious its probably far from that but she's not right! sad

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 15-Oct-12 23:31:58

If you think it is something more serious, keep a diary of what is going on and keep pushing with the doctors, hvs etc.

straighttohellymelly Mon 15-Oct-12 23:33:07

The things you have mentioned sound fairly normal for her age, when they do develop funny fears. (one of my dds hated seeing the teeth on any cartoon character, after getting scared by a very friendly cartoon shark). Also not wanting shoes etc can be normal, but also sensory things are common with children with ASD. Are there any other things that are worrying you? Is she talking and communicating with you well?

piglettsmummy Mon 15-Oct-12 23:59:20

Jiltedjohnsjulie, that's exactly what we've decided to do! smile we bought a book today to started writing things down

piglettsmummy Tue 16-Oct-12 00:03:21

Hi straighttohellymelly we are concerned with areas of her physical development too which we see a neuro for soon she's a complex child with ready long term medical condition. I worked with children in nurseries, the things I describe I never noticed with any of them which fuels my concern but it's a see it to understand kinda case when she's like this she's very over emotional and over reactive? She's normally outgoing etc we can define between her tantrums and this as its very different so not sure. She does show some sensory issue tendencies which is also a bit of a concern x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now