Talk

Advanced search

Support thread for parents of crazy boys

(22 Posts)
Valdeeves Mon 15-Oct-12 16:28:25

After a particulary crazy playgroup session resulting
in my friend fireman's lifting out my two ( nearly three) year old son I got to thinking - why do I seem go be the
only one with a fireball of a son?
(Who's also wonderful, intelligent and loving may I add)

Anybody else got a firecracker at home?

Valdeeves Mon 15-Oct-12 16:29:24

I would have lifted him myself but I had a baby strapped to my front!

overmydeadbody Mon 15-Oct-12 16:31:50

How old is he?

Why did he need lifting? What was he in? Would he not have listened to you asking him to get out?

overmydeadbody Mon 15-Oct-12 16:32:13

Oh, ignore that, he is 2 nearly 3! Sorry

Valdeeves Mon 15-Oct-12 19:16:38

Not really the response I was hoping for - guess I am the only one!

cashmere Mon 15-Oct-12 19:22:57

You're not the only one!
I carry mine under my arm 'like a plank' when he needs moving.
Nursery said livelier children are often more intelligent.....

mumnosbest Mon 15-Oct-12 19:29:39

light at the end of the loooooong tunnel! my little firecracker is nearly 8, bright, loving and thankfully doesn't need lifting anymore as he'd break my back is much calmer nowadays smile

belindarose Mon 15-Oct-12 20:08:08

Mine sounds very similar.

But she's a girl...

Smokedsalmonbagel Mon 15-Oct-12 22:06:04

Sounds like my DS2 who is 2!

He is always getting himself into trouble.

I have to keep a very close eye on him at toddler groups as he will try and escape!!!

bluesmile10 Mon 15-Oct-12 22:11:15

Sounds like my 2.5 ds too! Always seems like a whirlwind compared to my friends children!!

Afsana1 Mon 15-Oct-12 22:32:21

Also sounds like my 3.5 yr old! He is also a monkey and drives me up the wall! I feel terrible saying this but I love it when he is in nursery! But the thing with these 'naughty' boys are that they are mummies boy! I don't know about yours but my ds is so lovey dovey and when he gives me a hug for no reason it makes me forget everything until next time! smile

Valdeeves Mon 15-Oct-12 23:38:08

That's totally it Afsana - thanks ladies! I like the "plank" ha ha

pinkandsparklytoo Mon 15-Oct-12 23:40:58

I have a 5yo firecracker who never stops.

Lovesoftplay Mon 15-Oct-12 23:46:50

I have a 3.5 firecracker too smile he is a total toad at times and I frequently want the floor to swallow me, but he us also so loving and intelligent that it makes up for it almost instantly!!

You can count on my support grin

Xmarksthespot Tue 16-Oct-12 04:05:42

mine is 8 mths.......people keep commenting on how active he is for an 8 mth old. he's very outgoing and other babies back away.

charlmills Tue 16-Oct-12 08:17:52

My dd is the same, never stops. And now my ds (16 months) is the same too. So i have two. Am exhausted but wouldn't change them for the world.

Puffykins Tue 16-Oct-12 08:25:18

DS is like this. He's fine day to day, but anything out of the ordinary, for instance a party, and he turns into the Duracell bunny on speed. Regardless of whether or not he's had any sugar. I try to exhaust him beforehand, playing very energetic games of Tag (run, Mummy, run!) but it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.... If anyone has any ideas....?

PoisonMountain Tue 16-Oct-12 09:55:54

I have one too! Also have to do the carrying under the arm. Fortunately our Playgroup leader has a son who is similar (he goes to kindergarten now) so everyone is used to it. My main problem is he's so big and strong (also 2, nearly 3) the size of an average 4 year old and rather sturdily built, so when he can very easily hurt the others without meaning to. He never sits still, is always doing something stupid but is extremely friendly and cheerful. No idea what I'm going to do at playgroup now DD is mobile.

whatinthewhatnow Tue 16-Oct-12 10:28:09

Can I join? DS is 5 in march and bonkers! We call him our crackerjack and he is properly crazy - running all the time (today I overheard his best friend asking him to slow down at playtime because he can't keep up). If I leave the front room when I get back he'll have set up some kind of superhero flying/jumping system. He always has bumps and bruises. When he was 2 or 3 if we took him to the park he just used to run around the perimeter like a whippet.

He is good 90% of the time but when he's bad he really gives it some welly. He is super friendly though and very kind, thankfully. He just loves to move! He has to be absolutely exhausted before he stops. It's quite tiring! But he is lovely.

lollipoppi Tue 16-Oct-12 10:39:27

Ohhhh I like this thread can I join with my bonkers DS!
he is 2 in a couple of weeks and always been soooooo active ..... I am "that" mum at playgroup that's constantly hovering over their child (last week he actually managed to open the fire escape doors and set off all the alarms CRINGE!!!! blush

But he is soooooo intelligent and loving and thank god he wears himself out so much in the day he sleeps 7pm - 8am grin

PoisonMountain Tue 16-Oct-12 10:46:48

Don't make me jealous! Mine us up at 6. Every day. Often not in bed til 9-930 and last night was up between 345 and 5. I'm suffering! I don't know where he gets his energy from, certainly not my side of the family.

ThePinkNinja Tue 16-Oct-12 13:20:40

We've had a firecracker in this house for 2 years and 1 day smile

From the moment he was born he just never stopped ..... smile

And yes to balance the "crazy" I tell myself I'm sure it means he's smart lol!

You are so not alone and I'm in on the support thread smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now