Talk

Advanced search

Those days when your toddler doesnt LISTEN

(7 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Mon 15-Oct-12 12:41:14

How do you deal with it? Best way to? And keep calm?

With another Dc in tow!

ScreamyShriekyFrightyWoozyWooo Mon 15-Oct-12 12:45:24

I would like to know this too please!

BlackCatinchaos Mon 15-Oct-12 12:46:58

Littlerays How old is your toddler?

Are they not listening or does it seem like they are in "their own little world"?

I don't have any advice but I have a similar problem with my DD who is nearly 4.
She does a lot of "character" play and it is hard to get through to her sometimes.

PoisonMountain Mon 15-Oct-12 12:49:10

I rustle a packet of biscuits just to check that his ears still work.

Kneel down, eye-level, make him look at me, tell him again, ask him if he understands. Wait for him to say yes. Then sigh again as he totally ignores me...

CockyPants Mon 15-Oct-12 12:51:25

Hate to disappoint you, but DD is 6 and never listens....at school she does but seems incapable of doing it at home. I scream and sigh a lot.

ThePinkNinja Tue 16-Oct-12 14:09:28

Sorry... No big tips here. Not listeming is an evey day thing in this house at the minute. (ds1 is 2.0)

It's all deep breaths for me.... I find the less I get agitated the faster we can both get over it.... What annoys me is this sometimes feels like "letting him get away with it".
we haven't quite figured out "discipline" in our house yet confused

HolyAutumnGoldBatman Tue 16-Oct-12 14:33:42

Does he not listen or does he listen, but then totally ignore you? I have one of each!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now