Talk

Advanced search

Moving to her own room

(3 Posts)
VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Sun 14-Oct-12 14:25:56

Hi Ladies,
Really need some advice. My little girl has been sleeping in our bed since she was 6 months old shes now 2 hmm i know! The time has come for her to go in her own room, i just need a bit of advice on how to do this. I dont just want to dump her in there on her own, so any experiences or ideas id be very grateful.
Thanks for reading!

MigGril Sun 14-Oct-12 16:36:01

we are in a similar boat although DS has been in with us since day one. My current plan is to put the side back on his cot first as we have it setup as a cosleeper and get him used to sleeping in his own space before we try and move him into another room.

smearedinfood Mon 15-Oct-12 10:20:50

We've just done this DS is 2. He is still bf to sleep as we never did sleep training. So we do that in our room and tell him i'll put him in his own bed which he likes.
But there was a big build up to him having his own room as it took a few months before it was damp sorted plastered painted carpeted and what not.
We started off by reading him stories in there and having fun in there. Telling him it was his room for when he was a big boy.
We took him to Ikea and got him excited about trying out the beds.
We built the bed in the room with his "assistance" and now he loves it and loves having his space and hasn't got up during night to come into our bed, which we were astonished with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now