Talk

Advanced search

4 year old still wears pull ups in the night

(9 Posts)
Wrenner Sun 14-Oct-12 09:34:26

Hi all my 4 year old still wears pull ups. Only at night time and hardly has accidents in the day but is wet at night? When should he stop doing thus? I've heard it's developmental and he will Do it when he's ready?!

usualsuspect3 Sun 14-Oct-12 09:36:16

Lots of 4 year olds are still in pull ups at night, I wouldn't worry about it.

insancerre Sun 14-Oct-12 09:39:26

I work in a pre-school and lots of 4 year olds are still in pull-ups at night. It is developmental and he will do it when he is ready.
I wouldn't worry.

OwedToAutumn Sun 14-Oct-12 09:39:47

None of mine were dry at night at that age. In fact, we ended going down the wetting alarm route for all of them, at about 6. This worked really well, but 4 is too young to worry about it.

PoppyScarer Sun 14-Oct-12 09:40:28

Perfectly normal, my 4yo still wears them.

MousyMouse Sun 14-Oct-12 09:53:16

normal.
I would stop using them when dc is dry on most days and start a routine of going to the toilet right before bed.

Tgger Sun 14-Oct-12 20:05:00

DS only went dry at night over the Summer, he is 6 very soon grin. He never had a dry nappy in the morning. I tried him without pull ups at 4 but it was very stressful, at a few months off 6 it was easy- a few weeks with some accidents- not every day but quite a few, then none, job done. They are all different, but if you wait until they are ready it's quicker and easier. Also meant he was big enough to take himself to the toilet and generally he doesn't need to go between a wee before bed and one first thing in the morning.

lljkk Sun 14-Oct-12 20:09:26

Come back to moan about it when he's 7. wink

Wrenner Mon 15-Oct-12 13:23:55

Thanks a lot. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now