Talk

Advanced search

Constantly whinging 17 month old

(3 Posts)
Nancyclancy Thu 11-Oct-12 19:27:28

My dd is 17 months old and seems to be miserable most of the time. Admittedly at the moment she is teething.
She is usually happy when her brothers are around (12 and 8.) They are very good with her. I've tried mixing with mums with dc the same age but she seems terrified of kids her own age. There is just one little boy she likes.
She gets bored sitting in the pushchair. Loves going round supermarkets in the trolley.
She isn't walking yet ( bum shuffler) which I think is a lot of the problem. She is frustrated but SO AM I! I feel like she's trapped in her body and she's so angry. What can I do?????

virgo05 Thu 11-Oct-12 19:30:31

first of all calm down....ur anxiety and frustration both will make things worse and not allow u to think of more ways to overcome the situation!!!

DomesticGoddess31 Sat 13-Oct-12 19:27:12

Honestly? Ride it out till she gets the hang of walking? My DD is 16 months and wanted to walk from 8 months and was miserable until she cracked it which was only quite recently, the last month or 2. She is now a joy (most of the time, when not hungry/tired/teething!). Help your DD get on her feet as much as you can, we started by helping our DD work out she had to transfer her weight from foot to foot by holding her hands and leaning from side to side if that makes sense. A wooden block pushalong trolley helped give her a bit of the independence she craved too. Also mixing with other babies her age who were walking seemed to help boost things along. Meanwhile, I sympathise, it is INCREDIBLY frustrating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now