Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

SIDS risk and moving baby out

(2 Posts)
sleeplessinderbyshire Tue 09-Oct-12 21:56:58

Thinking about putting DD1 (3) and DD2 (12 weeks) in together as we keep waking DD2 up when we come to bed and also because DD1 is so desperate not to be alone at night that no one is getting much sleep due to DD waking repeatedly and sobbing that she is lonely and ending up in with us (usually having woken the baby)

I'm aware there is some evidence that hearing the breathing of parents stimulates a small baby to breathe and kicks them out of apnoea. Would the breathing noises of anyone work or does it have to be the mother? DD2 is a great sleeper so far (wakes 1-2x overnight for a feed) but is being disturbed by DD1 screeching the house down at night. (DD1 has been begging for weeks for them to share a room and when we all shared on holiday everyone slept vastly better than usual....)

ZuleikaD Wed 10-Oct-12 09:04:37

Interesting question. I haven't seen any research about it but am bumping in the hope that someone might know. It sounds as though it might be ok, but I don't know how 'regulated' a 3yo's systems are compared to an adult's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now