Talk

Advanced search

The big-girl-bed honeymoon has officially ended

(6 Posts)
ellesabe Tue 09-Oct-12 20:18:22

Dd went into a bed on Saturday and so far has slept really well in it both at naptimes and at night.

Tonight however she is refusing to go in it. She has been teething today, fussy with food etc.
She had a great 2hr nap this afternoon but now screams whenever we put her in her bed. She is very tired.

We tried leaving her but my idiot dh taught her to climb out of it on Sunday so she keeps appearing on the landing. We have tried just putting her back in bed each time but she is hysterical and whipping herself into a frenzy.

I don't know what to doooooo!!! Dh is dealing with her as I am 35 weeks pg and my back cant cope with all the repeated bending and lifting!

Oh, but he is out at work tomorrow night and Thursday night angry

lindsell Tue 09-Oct-12 20:22:46

What worked for my ds1 is warning him that if he got out of bed/messed around etc that he would have to go back into a baby's bed (ie the cot). I've had to follow through on that once but other than that it's worked a treat - depends on how important being a 'big girl' is to her I guess.

ellesabe Tue 09-Oct-12 20:31:18

Well unfortunately her old cot has been dismantled and she is in a cot bunk with a bed on the bottom and a cot on top in anticipation of dc2's arrival. So to go in the cot would actually involve going in the top bunk which would I imagine be even more exciting!

MacMac123 Tue 09-Oct-12 21:36:17

Can't really help on the bed thing as never experienced it, but what's the cot bunk with bed on bottom ?! Where do you get it from? Am also expecting and this sounds great sleep solution!

ellesabe Tue 09-Oct-12 21:58:31

It's called a Shanticot and it's flipping amazing! They are bunk beds but you have the option of having it as two cots, two beds or one of each. A friend of mine has the cot underneath and the toddler in the bed on top.

They're quite pricey but they last until 6yo.

MacMac123 Tue 09-Oct-12 22:08:19

That might just have solved my lack of space/ sleep probs!! Thanks grin
And hope u sort out the big girls bed prob!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now