Talk

Advanced search

my 3 month does not feed properly and does not sleep ,help i'm on my knees

(4 Posts)
wheredoistartmrs Tue 09-Oct-12 09:15:59

my 3 month old will only drink about 3 oz at a time. she can easily go all morning on that. she was a big baby when born but does not have an appetite to match. i have tries to feed more regulary but she just spits it out. she wakes up every 2 hours day or night ,might drink an oz,might not. I am on my knees i am so knackered and i have to go back to work next week, any advice thanks.

DevaDiva Tue 09-Oct-12 13:48:00

Not being smug but I didn't have these problem so am not much use but thought you could do with a bump. Is your HV any good to talk to? Any freinds with DCs at similar stage?

I do however remember the sleep deprivation stage and all I can say is, it does get better.

Sleep when your DD sleeps, I was crap at doing this with DD but with DS I dropped when he did!

NewMumJuly11 Tue 09-Oct-12 14:09:55

Hi, I completely agree with DevaDiva try and get your HV to help. I know some are better than others but they should always be willing to offer support and advice. Out of interest is your little one on formula? If so have you tried any different types, maybe she just doesn't like the taste very much. Is she putting on weight ok? If she is you probably don't need to worry to much not that helps much with the sleep!!

My DS woke up every couple of hours in the night until he was about 6 months old and then carried on waking up 2-3 times per night until he was 11 months old. The only thing I can say is you do get used to it. I went back to work but actually felt much better than I thought I would on so little sleep. Hope it gets better soon. Big hugs

CravingSunshine Tue 09-Oct-12 14:44:04

I feel for you as I had the same and it WILL come to an end. I know it's not easy for you and you're worried about going back to work. I was told by my HV not to worry; her daughter couldn't managed more than about 3-4oz for ages (like mine) as their tummies can't take it. Mine fed little and often for a good while and things got better by 5.5 months, and better still now she's on solids. she is nearly 9mo and can just about take a bottle of 8oz which I never believed but she has it at bedtime and I know she's nicely tanked up for the night.
With the sleep thing, it is hard going and I don't think in all honesty there's any way round it. You will hopefully find that you can get by on less sleep than you think and maybe the commute/time at work will be refreshing in that it's a contrast.
Hope you can hide away and get a good lie-in on one weekend day or try and catnap when she does (easier said than done). Hang in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now