Talk

Advanced search

A total change in loo behaviour

(4 Posts)
Fifimoo Mon 08-Oct-12 14:12:12

My 3 yo DS has been potty trained (during the day) for several months now and I was quite lucky in as much as he got it straight away and there were very few accidents. Recently over the last few days he has started pooing and peeing pretty much anywhere other than the loo, including wetting himself. I am not sure what has bought this on and when asked about it he tells me that he isn't doing anything wrong. I thought that it might just be to get attention, but I don't think that this is the case. He just thinks that is very funny. I really don't know what to do about it especially as for some reason he does not think that it is wrong. I was about to put that I don't mind it so much at home it's mainly when we are out and about that I really mind, but of couse I mind when we are at home, it's just when we are out and about he seems to act like a totally feral child - what can i do about it or is this a normal stage that all toddlers go though for a few days (I somehow don't think that it is, but just in case)

My DS has just been having a phase like this. (3.9) Trained himself pretty much at 2.9 so dry for a year day and night. But wet himself twice the other day messing around - leaving it until too late, jiggling around saying come to the toilet with me, I am scared of the dark hmm - whoops. And peeing in inappropriate receptacles/out of the cat flap shock

He thought it was funny too until he couldn't wear his new shoes, because he had wee'd all over them.

Fifimoo Mon 08-Oct-12 14:29:43

Has he now stopped and started using the loo again (thankfully DS hasn't thought of the cat flap yet!)?

Thank you

Touch wood - yes. He has always been a bit partial to a wee alfresco though, just because he can IYKWIM grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now