Talk

Advanced search

How has (also) a short DC?

(14 Posts)
Thaleia Thu 04-Oct-12 15:15:03

I am wondering if I'm the only one ... DS is on the 9th for length, therefore all good.

However, all the other DC are so much taller than mine one is, half a head or even a head, that I start to think everyone else is on the 90th?

Thaleia Thu 04-Oct-12 15:15:26

And not how ... WHO!!!

elliebug Thu 04-Oct-12 15:19:57

My DS is on the 9th too, i am below the 0.4th though blush DP is 6"4 so hoping DS had inherited his genes!!

adoptmama Thu 04-Oct-12 19:25:17

DD2 started in the 15lth %tile. Disappeared off the charts eventually for weight and height before being diagnosed with (amongst other things) a growth hormome deficit. Without treathment she is now back on the charts and heading in the right direction. I doubt she'll ever be a giant but on the other hand she's fiesty smile

MummyPig24 Fri 05-Oct-12 15:48:34

I always think my 2 are short but actually on about the 50th centile. It's just that evwryone elses kids are so bloody tall!

nancerama Fri 05-Oct-12 15:54:13

DS would be lofty if he were in proportion. Unfortunately he has been blessed with a chimp like physique (and attitude). Long arms and body, teeny tiny legs.

MamaChocoholic Fri 05-Oct-12 16:04:00

I have one on the 99.8th and all the other kids in his class are about a head shorter. the other two are, well, I haven't measured, but they're small. dd is 24 months and only just grown out of her 6-9 month clothes.

TheFowlAndThePussycat Fri 05-Oct-12 16:18:02

Both of my dds are noticeably smaller than the other kids their age, they are both below 25th centile. I am 5'6" which used to be average I think but might be a bit below now & Dh is 5'7", so a shortarse below average for a man grin

Both of my girls are bolshy assertive though, so they don't let their diminutive size hold them back!

People do comment though, especially with dd2. I apply the fixed grin and politely ignore them.

Toomanychoices Fri 05-Oct-12 16:21:44

My DD is on 0.4th centile. Everyone in her year towers over her and people ask if she is a twin to her brother who is almost 3 years younger

lotsofcheese Fri 05-Oct-12 16:31:09

My DS was born very prematurely, below the 0.4th centile & is now gradually catching up. He is 3.75 & still wears age 2-3 clothes - about the 2/9th centile now - but I suppose he was never going to be tall with a 5' mother!!

administrator Fri 05-Oct-12 16:34:25

My DS (8) is a full head & shoulders shorter than his classmates. He's the smallest in the class. We've been measuring him & plotting it in his red book ourselves & he is growing- just slowly! According to that formula in the red book to find out his expected adult height, he's way off the mark so doctor wants to see him every couple of months. It breaks my heart because all he wants is to be as tall as his friends but, DH is 6 foot so I'm hopeful!!

craftynclothy Fri 05-Oct-12 16:38:02

Both mine are quite little. It's not so noticable with dd1 cos she's so skinny aswell so looks very in proportion. Dd2 is more short & dumpy grin and I get quite a lot of comments along the lines of "Aww bless, she's so little"

smoothieooo Fri 05-Oct-12 16:39:44

DS1 is 14 and is the last in his class to 'sprout' and the only boy whose voice hasn't yet broken. I'm 5'9 although his dad is a bit of a short arse. Hopefully he'll shoot up (I would love it if he towered over his dad one day)!

ningyo Fri 05-Oct-12 23:45:39

DS is on the 2nd centile for height (he's 2.2). He's the smallest by far amongst his 'friends' but then his dad and I are both shorter than all his 'friends' parents so I guess it's not that surprising. It bothers him only when he can't reach to climb up things his pals can climb. I'm secretly glad he can't get up the really high equipment at the park just yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now