Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety (or lack thereof?)

(3 Posts)
DaveMccave Thu 04-Oct-12 14:34:28

My DC is 5, and has never displayed any anxiety. Not even separation anxiety as a baby. This doesn't make she's always compliant of course, as she still refuses to do things. It also means she has no fear of running off or getting lost or talking to strangers. Is this just her confident personality, or is it something to be concerned about? How common is it, at 5, to have no anxiety at all? Anyone any experience of normal amounts of anxiety developing with age?

frazzledbutcalm Thu 04-Oct-12 20:04:28

You're talking about my 4 year old nephew!! He is sooooo different to my 4dc. My first 2 are quietly confident. My second 2 are very, very anxious children. My nephew I would describe as CONFIDENT wink ... he chatters to ANYONE at all, wanders everywhere without thinking of any consequences at all. He is so sociable it's unreal. I think it's just his personality. He comes from confident parents, he's been in nursery care since 6 months old so is used to being passed from pillar to post so doesn't bat an eyelid about anything. I know lots of children like him, lots of worriers like mine, and lots in between! We're all different. I'd say your dd is perfectly normal. smile

frazzledbutcalm Thu 04-Oct-12 20:06:10

Oh, and because I've had experience of both sides, the confident, worry free child is far easier to deal with than my worried anxious dc who crumble at the slightest thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now