Talk

Advanced search

Suddenly clingy 19 month old. Help!

(3 Posts)
BabydollsMum Wed 03-Oct-12 15:55:50

DD, up until now was the least clingy baby on the planet. People even used to remark about how little separation anxiety she had at playgroup: Where's Mummy? I don't care! Overnight, something's changed and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

She's been an angel going to bed for her daytime nap but as of three days ago she will. not. go. down. I don't think she's ready to give up her one lunchtime nap yet as she's soooo tired and we have the same issues at nighttime now. I'll put her down - same routine as we always did: milk/story/lights out but now she just cries 'mummy lap' and wants me to rock her to sleep with the milk like a tiny baby!

Any ideas? I can't let this carry on I'm exhausted. And so is she!

Thanks! x

HardlyEverHoovers Wed 03-Oct-12 19:37:06

Hi, I had a similar experience with my extremely chilled out little boy, who suddenly started screaming every time I left the room! That was at 18 months. It was fairly short phase though, so maybe you can be optimistic that this won't last! Many times I'm busy trying to work out how to resolve a problem and it resolves itself. i'm sorry I don't have much advice to give as to how to handle it for now, I think we gave in quite a lot at the time, which I'm not sure was the right thing to do.

BabydollsMum Thu 04-Oct-12 06:42:25

Thanks Hardly that's good to know. I'm sure it'll pass. Yes, sometimes there's nothing you can do but give in. It's funny having a 19-month newborn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now