Talk

Advanced search

Crybaby

(6 Posts)
Sugardust Mon 01-Oct-12 14:36:55

Hi this is my first post so please be gentle with me! I have three lovely dds and I am also fostering a gorgeous baby girl 5 weeks old. I have concerns about my middle 9 year old. She crys at a drop of a hat. It is driving me insane I have tried to ignore it and I have talked to her about telling her its ok to cry but maybe not all the time. She crys when she is upset and when she is frustrated like when she doesn't get her homework done first time round. Now I am worried she is being teased about it at school. She is usually a very confident child and loves being sociable. But she has been like this for as long as I can remember.

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Mon 01-Oct-12 19:42:58

What makes you think she is being teased about it? Is that what is worrying you or has it become worse recently?

Nevercan Mon 01-Oct-12 20:10:46

Is it since baby joined the family?

Afsana1 Tue 02-Oct-12 23:32:04

My dd is 7 and she is like that cries all the time and it's driving me crazy! When you find out the answer let me know smile

Sugardust Thu 04-Oct-12 12:46:36

She is getting teased lately and even her sisters are starting to tease her as much as I am trying stop them my oldest one and her are just clashing all the time at the minute they are very close in age less than a year and while my oldest dd is mature for her age my middle dd is quite immature. That is the joy of having three girls I suppose.

stripeytiger Thu 04-Oct-12 12:57:42

Sugardust, my dd started this when she was around that age (she is now 11). I never did really get to the bottom of it but I noticed she was quite moody at times and wondered whether it was the beginnings of hormones kicking in. DD hasn't yet started her period but I don't think it will be long. My dd was also very confident which is why it was hard to understand the crying.

Hopefully it is nothing too serious, but do talk to her teachers if you think she maybe being teased at school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now