Talk

Advanced search

15 month old biting me since I've returned to work

(3 Posts)
TwinkyToes Mon 01-Oct-12 02:17:14

I returned to work a couple of weeks ago and my mum (to whom 15 month old DD was well accustomed) is looking after DD during the day. Apparently DD is angelic and happy while I'm gone.

When I get home in the evenings DD seems to want nothing but to bite me, a lot, anywhere she can - arms, legs, shoulder etc. She used to do this occasionally before but now it's constant. I pull her away and tell her a firm "no" but she squirms and struggles and just continues to try to bite. She doesn't do this to other people, except to DH occasionally.

It occurs to me that it might be to get attention (because she gets a swift reaction and if she actually gets her teeth in, a yelp from me!) so I've tried giving her undivided attention in other ways, e.g. reading a book, playing with toys etc, but she just wants to bite. Perhaps she's "punishing" me for being away, but that seems a little advanced for a 15 month old.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions for how best to deal with, and stop it?

charlmills Mon 01-Oct-12 12:52:02

My now 15 month old has just come out of this phase. He did it for a couple of months. We just said a firm no too and put him down. Also said kisses too instead of biting. It has passed now. Its a common phase. My dd did it too at that age. Don't worry just keep at it.

nannyof3 Mon 01-Oct-12 12:57:11

Scream really really loudly, enough to make her jump and cry then just walk away and leave her crying..

Tried, tested and proven !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now