Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it fair to keep 1 month old awake more in the day?

(6 Posts)
Penny2012 Sat 29-Sep-12 17:29:39

My baby is 1 month old and in the habit for the last few nights of sleeping all day and being awake at night. He's cluster feeding (breastfeeding) fr hours on end which is hard work. He naps inbetween so stays fresh but that's impossible for me so I'm sleepy!

I dont think its possible to force him to go to sleep or wake him before he's ready. It doesn't seem fair when he's so tiny.

It's just a bit annoying for me to have to sleep when he does all day! I'm living in my pjs and feel so disorientated. :-(

Mobly Sat 29-Sep-12 17:53:14

No it wouldn't be fair. As he gets older he will naturally start to be awake more during day & then hopefully sleep better at night.

At the moment he needs sleep in order to grow & he will be growing fast. Try & rest when he is asleep during the day.

Rockchick1984 Sat 29-Sep-12 19:00:00

Agree it wouldn't be fair at such a young age. Put the Moses basket next to your bed during the day, feed your son then put him in there for a nap and you have a sleep too. When he wakes for a feed, feed him lying down, you will barely wake up, then put him back in the Moses basket and doze off again. Repeat as long as necessary smile

Flisspaps Sat 29-Sep-12 19:12:25

Welcome to the joy of parenthood grin

It's knackering, but there's almost no way to keep a tiny baby from sleeping if they need to. In a few weeks it'll be much better. You might even get to go for a wee unaccompanied, and get dressed before 1pm! Hang on in there smile

Penny2012 Sun 30-Sep-12 11:50:11

Thank you. Some common sense - much appreciated! X

Rubirosa Sun 30-Sep-12 11:54:46

I always woke ds for a feed every 2-3 hours in the day. You can't really keep them awake though. I also kept everything bright/noisy in the day and dark/quiet at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now