Talk

Advanced search

sleeping has taken a complete turn

(2 Posts)
felixfelicis1 Fri 28-Sep-12 10:06:50

So we nailed the sleeping through the night. It was going amazingly. DS (10 months) was polishing off his night time bottle and waking happily at 6 the next morning.

It has literally collapsed in the most dramatic way possible. He has been sleeping badly for the past 2 or 3 weeks. But this past week he has literally stopped even having an ounce of milk at bedtime and he is waking literally all through the night. I have been up since bloody 3am the last three days!

So he wasn't sleeping great before but was finishing his bottle and it wasn't terrible. I suspect I had gone a bit soft and just need to go more hardcore. But now he isn't having is bottle it is much worse.

My question is this - do you think maybe he just doesn't want the nighttime bottle and I should drop his 3 o clock one? At the moment He has three 7oz bottles a day. One when he wakes up, one at three and one at 7 before bed. He usually has most of his 3 o clock one. But maybe should I replace tyhis with a small snack and hope that it will mean he is more interested in his bedtime one? The past few nights he has literally not even wanted a sip.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 28-Sep-12 21:28:06

Poor you. If its any consolation all this is pretty normal. There is a big developmental leapt at around this age an associated sleep regression. Can't do links at the moment but have a look at the wonder weeks website and google ask moxie sleep regression.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now