Talk

Advanced search

teething order

(9 Posts)
Fantail Fri 28-Sep-12 08:25:54

DD is 19 months. She now has 12 teeth, however her pre-molars have all come in before her canine teeth. Is this normal? At what point do you worry that they are not there at all?

BikeRunSki Fri 28-Sep-12 08:31:33

They don't necessarily come in in any particular order, although front teeth are generally first. I was worried that DS was not going to get any teeth at all when he was 12 months old. Spoke to HV and Dentist who both laughed and said they'd never come across anyone whose teeth didn't all come through. DS then went and got 7 teeth in a week! I wouldn't worry about your DS just yet.

BikeRunSki Fri 28-Sep-12 08:32:10

Sorry, I meant your DD.

BabydollsMum Fri 28-Sep-12 09:42:43

My DD's 19 months too and had her pre-molars first.

Fantail Fri 28-Sep-12 09:57:16

Thanks. You do sort of wonder sometimes whether things are going right or not, but kind of feel stupid asking.

Woodlands Fri 28-Sep-12 10:02:31

It's normal for the premolars to come in before the canines. My DS got his premolars at 17 months but his first two canines have only just come through now at 26 months - he's still got two more canines to come, plus the second molars. Hurry up teeth...

Fantail Tue 02-Oct-12 08:31:26

And of course this weekend both bottom ones came through at the same time causing a lot of pain and the top ones are on their way.

Tiggles Tue 02-Oct-12 10:24:41

DS2 didn't get his canines until after his 2nd birthday. The dentist had just said "hmm, I think next appt we need to x-ray and check he has his adult teeth as he appears not to have the milk teeth" when within a couple of week the milk teeth came through.

CecilyP Tue 02-Oct-12 14:06:03

Absolutely normal for the first 4 pre-molars to come in before the canines. The canines generally come next, and the second 4 pre-molars come last.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now